Did you know that a dentist can help you get better sleep?
If you wake up tired on a regular basis, you may suffer from a sleep-related breathing disorder. The Smile Center is a Dreamsleep Certified Provider, meaning our staff has undergone extensive, hands-on training to screen for and treat sleep-related breathing disorders with an oral appliance, a convenient, non-invasive treatment option for Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA).
We can screen you today or during your next regularly scheduled visit. Your screening results will be reviewed by a board-certified physician, and based on their recommendation we may provide you with an in-home sleep test to determine if an oral appliance will alleviate your symptoms*.
If the home sleep test results indicate you will benefit from the oral appliance, we will take an impression or scan for a custom appliance. You will get your custom made oral appliance in the mail and can schedule an appointment with us to make any adjustments if necessary.
- Oral appliance is custom made to fit your teeth and jaw
- Portable for easy and convenient travel
- No dry or itchy respiratory symptoms like those often associated with CPAP
- Unlike the CPAP, the oral appliance is silent and will not disrupt partners’ sleep
- OAT can be less expensive and more convenient than CPAP or surgery
*Home Sleep Tests in NJ, GA and TX are ordered by a DreamSleep dentist in conjunction with a physician.